Monday 14 January 2008

Movie 8-What dreams may come

What Dreams May Come
Starring:Robin Williams Cuba Gooding Jr,Dir:Vincent Ward
Release date:October 1998,Running time:116 minutes



I am a HUGE Robin Williams fan and basically own all of his DVDs. I got bored and decided to watch a film and noticed that I hadn't watched this one and I thought how is this possible?.I decided to take it out popped it into my PS3 and sat down coke in one hand and some Tesco popcorn in the other. I sat back and watched. The film basically revolves around a family. Robin Williams character and his wife have two children and they are a really happy family however tragically the two children die in a car accident followed soon after by the death of Robins character. The film then begins to revolve around Robin in his version of heaven which is basically just him living in a world created by his wife through her paintings(she is an artist) and it also follows his struggles to come to terms with the death of his children and the torture of his wife suffering alone with nobody there to support her. The story is a love story that follows the two characters attempts at life(one in real life one in heaven).Tragically Anna(his wife) kills herself and is sent to hell and Robins character must battle through heaven and hell to save his beloved

This film genuinely made me cry. the acting is so amazing and the story so clever and engrossing I couldn't help but be moved. Be careful though the story can be very confusing and it is very easy to get lost.

The characters are genuinely likeable and as you go through more is revealed about them and their lives and it really is moving stuff.This is one of Williams best films and is relatively unknown which is a tragedy in itself.

9 out of 10

No comments: