Monday 14 January 2008

Movie 5-The Island

The Island
Starring:Ewan McGegor,Scarlett Johansson,Dir:Michael Bay
Release date:July 2005,Running time:127 minutes

I had high hopes for this film.Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johanson in a big budget film and the plot seemed like an interesting one so I thought why not when someone brought round the dvd. The plot is basically In 2019, when most of the outside world has been contaminated, a community of people, rescued from the toxic environment, live by Utopian standards in an isolated colony. The rules of living are selected for them; clothing, meals, leisure, and jobs are all structured and controlled. Everyone in the community anticipates a special event - the lottery - in which one person wins a chance to move to a tropical paradise, the only uncontaminated area left on Earth, known as "The Island".(copied from Wikipedia as they explained it better than I could :D)

I sat down and watched this and was bored.The plot was really bad,the writing just terrible and it was so predictable. The acting was hardly anything to write home about and the general film was just well poor.It didn't flow at all and seemed like a badly put together combination of different stories. I had to hit myself to keep myself awake and actually make myself realise I was watching a movie this bad. When the end credits rolled I actually cheered. What a waste of time this film really was.

3 out of 10

No comments: