Monday 14 January 2008

Movie 10-Titanic


Titanic
Starring:Leonardo DiCaprio,Kate Winslet,Dir:James Cameron
Released:January 1998,Running Time:194 minutes

Take her to sea Mr Murdoch. The biggest film of 2007 and the highest grossing film of all time is the tenth movie I watched this year. From my rather large collection I decided that I wanted something a bit different and something to keep me occupied until the footy and I noticed the special edition of this film just sitting there waiting for me to watch it so I did. Set on Titanic it follows the romance of Jack and Rose two people from very different social classes who meet and fall in love(despite the fact Rose is engaged to be married to a millionaire and Jack has no money). The story follows them as they struggle and then give into their emotions but then takes a much darker more serious turn about half way through when Titanic hits the iceberg and they are forced to battle for their lives as water rushes into the ship and starts to cause it to sink.


Many would be suprised this is in my collection and that I actually watched it and liked it.As time has gone on it has come to be seen as a girly flick and opinion is fairly negative however I loved it.The story is actually pretty decent and the acting even moreso. Kate Winslet and Leonardo Di Caprio are great in their lead roles and the other actors are brilliant too creating an epic movie. Another film that made me cry and another film that genuinely I found amazing. This is one of my favourite films of ALL time.

9 out of 10

No comments: